As a model, being prepared is crucial! You are there to represent yourself and get repeat bookings. With limited time to make a great impression, you need to be prepared to market yourself and quickly fix any mishaps that can occur.
A modeling bag is a typically purse or duffel bag that you should have with you at all times. The bag contains essential items that you could need at any given time. Your bag should also contain some marketing materials so that you can network more effectively. Never leave your house without your bag – it’s your lifesaver!
Here are our tips on what to keep in your modeling bag when going to go-sees, auditions, runway show, photoshoots, etc. Have additional tips and tricks? Leave your comments below to help out other models!
Everyone’s Modeling Bag
- A Good Set of Directions – You don’t want to be late!
- Portfolio and Headshots – Be sure to ALWAYS have your portfolio in tow!
- Comp Cards – Leave these with the crew so that they remember you
- Blank Thank-You Cards – To leave with scouts, judges, photographers, etc.
- A Healthy Snack – You may end up waiting a long time
- Bottled Water – Stay hydrated!
- Your Cellphone and Charger – You know these are essential, just make sure your phone is on silent!
- Book, Tablet, iPhone, etc. – There may be downtime, so you need to keep busy.
- Nail File – Broken nails can snag clothing, be prepared!
- Lip Balm – Keep your lips moisturized
- Foundation or Concealer – Your makeup artist may not have your color
- Deodorant – Shoots can be hot, so it’s important to keep fresh
- Toothbrush and Mints – Keep your breath minty, just don’t chew gum!
- Lotion – Combat dry skin
- Eye Drops – Red eyes don’t photograph well!
- Spare Contacts/Glasses – You never know what might happen and you need to see properly!
- Travel First Aid Kid – In case of emergencies
- Small Mirror – For touch ups, etc.
- Gym Shoes or Flip Flips – To give your feet a break if you need to
- Makeup Remover Wipes – You may want to freshen up after the shoot
Making a great impression starts with an AMAZING portfolio. See our blog on Why You Need Professional Photos, or contact us to learn how Realm Studios can help propel you to the next level in your career.